Hey there. I’d like to reintroduce myself to my loyal customers and to my many new followers! Thank you so much for reading, liking and sharing my posts! I started this business quite a few years ago now and I have grown so much since I began. I was a stay at home mother for many years before I learned how to sew and fell IN LOVE with it and with fabrics and designing. I had finally found my passion. So when the kids were napping or at school, I would work on new designs and ideas on how to build a small business. It wasn’t anything I had planned on before this time. But it is what I absolutely love to do and I plan on continuing to grow and build! I wanted to just tell you 6 facts about myself that maybe you didn’t know… I like to know the small business owners that I support so I thought maybe you’d like to know about Kathryn of Kathryn Brooke Designs….so here goes:
1. I am a mother of 3 teenagers… 19, 17 and 13. Two boys and a girl. The HARDEST job in the world. People always said that but I truly didn’t understand until I had my own. It was an extreme adjustment for me to stay home with them…someone that has worked since I was 13 and put myself through college…which brings me to number 2…
2. I graduated with a Bachelors Degree from URI. Definitely not in design. I actually took a textile manufacturing course and it was the ONLY class that I ever fell asleep in…!! Lol. I absolutely love fabric now and I think I would love to class now! I put myself through school and it is one of my greatest achievements to date.
3. I have been married for 21 years. I still feel like I’m in my 20’s but unfortunately I am way past that… We met in a bar when I was 21 years old. Two days after my 21st birthday.
4. I have 5 tattoos. I didn’t get my first one until I was 32 years old. I never wanted one when I was younger. I started to fall in love with them as I got older. I know everyone has strong feelings one way or another about them but it’s such a personal decision and should only really matter to the person getting them. I have designed all of mine. They all have some sort of meaning. My husband has none….My children said they will never get any but my 19 year old is starting to think about it now. To each his/her own….
5. I only learned to sew when I was 31 years old. I went to a women’s house that I had met in a mom group with a friend of mine. We went twice. She taught us how to make a pillow cover. I was HOOKED! I spent many, many days and nights with my toddlers at Joann Fabrics. They hated it but it was like my Disney Land!
6. I am originally from Bristol, RI. I am very proud to be from that beautiful town. I miss being by the water but visit family and friends there still when I get the chance. It has been the inspiration for some of the Anchor and State Personalized pillows with the zip code 02809 that you may see on my website and social pages…
(the last fact...I have a very hard time sharing pics of myself. But I want to start facing my fears in 2022!)
I would love to know more about you too. Please take a minute and let me know where you are from originally and if you have settled in a different place like me. I am looking into designing T-shirts with states and zip codes on them so you can show your hometown pride. Let me know what states I would be working with!! Thanks for your time listening to my story and share yours with me!